Sunday, December 12, 2010

Prompt 11: 11 Things

What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011?  How will you go about eliminating them?  How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?


  1. Depression/anxiety - I will remember to take time for myself.  I will talk to Andrew about how I'm feeling and remember that the way I'm feeling is not necessarily the way things are.
  2. Weight - I need to seriously commit to my health in 2011.  I am tired of feeling unhappy with my weight and with my body.  I will continue the personal training with Andrew and remember that I'm happier when I work out on a consistent basis.
  3. Dehydration - I do not drink a lot of water unless I make the conscious effort to drink a lot of water, which means that I'm dehydrated most of the time.  I need to remember that I feel better when I've been drinking water and I'm not dehydrated.
  4. Wasting time - I need to think about how I'm spending my time and make a conscious effort to spend it the way I want to.  This means limiting the time I spend watching TV or reading blogs and making time for things like talking to Andrew, playing with Schmoo, working out, and reading books.  I need to remember that when I'm not thinking about how I spend my time, I usually end up wasting it.
  5. Responsibility for things that aren't in my control - As Andrew said to me today, I need to stop taking responsibility for things that aren't in my control.  So I can't take responsibility for other people's thoughts or actions.  I can only be responsible for myself and remember that that's enough.
  6. Lack of sleep - I know this is ironic considering that I'm writing this post at 12:11 at night, but I have a tendency to not get enough sleep and then to feel guilty when I need to catch up on sleep.  Today I took a long nap and it was wonderful.  When i woke up, I felt stressed and more motivated to do the things that I wanted to get done today.  I need to remember that taking time to sleep is not a waste of time.
  7. Negativity - I have a tendency to think very negatively about things sometimes.  I've found that if I make a conscious effort to think positively about something than I will usually feel better about it.  So I need to remember that the way I think about things affects the way I feel about them.
  8. Anti-social tendencies - I already posted about my anti-social tendencies when I feel stressed.  I need to remember that I enjoy being around people, even if I don't think that I will and to simply go be social!
  9. Being too hard on myself - I am always way to hard on myself, mostly because I have really high expectations for myself and for those around me.  I need to remember that I'm not perfect and that that's okay.
  10. Being too hard on Andrew - I am also too hard on Andrew because he's the one I spend most of my time with.  I also need to remember that Andrew's not perfect and that that's okay.  If he was, I wouldn't love him as much as I do!
  11. Disconnection from God - I need to remember that it's important for me to feel connected to God.  I often let things get in the way of my relationship with him, especially some of the things that I've listed above, and I need to remember that that's the most important thing in my life and I need to treasure it above everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!