Friday, December 24, 2010

Peace




Andrew lost his job yesterday.  It was completely unexpected.  Obviously, it has changed things.


But I figure we have two options.  Option one is to be upset about it, to blame the company for not having any loyalty to its employees (even after three years), and to dwell on it.  Option two is to realize that there's nothing either of us can do to change it, to be grateful for the support we have around us, and to view this as an opportunity for Andrew to find a job that he actually enjoys.


So even though things around me are changing and uncertain, I am doing my best to be calm about it.  Even if I don't always feel calm, because I have a hard time with things being out of my control and because I hate seeing Andrew discouraged, I think that acting calm about it will help Andrew and I eventually be at peace with this.


(I definitely think there are things that God puts in our path at particular moments.  One of those is the song Peace Peace by Sara Groves.  I had never heard the song until earlier this week when we started rehearsing for the Christmas Eve service at church.  I definitely think that I was supposed to hear it this week to help me be at peace with what has happened.)


Peace Peace
by Sara Groves

Peace, peace, it's hard to find

Trouble comes like wrecking ball
To you peace of mind
And all that worry you can't leave behind you



All your hopes and fears
All your hopes and fears, oh
All your hopes and fears
Are met in Him tonight



Peace, peace, it's hard to find
Doubt comes like a tiny voice that's so unkind
And all your fears they conspire
To unwind you



All your hopes and fears
All your hopes and fears, oh
All your hopes and fears
Are met in Him



And in your dark street shines 
An everlasting light
And all your hopes and fears
Are met in Him tonight



And all your hopes and fears
All your hopes and fears, oh
All your hopes and fears
Are met in Him tonight



Peace, peace
Peace, peace
Peace, peace

1 comment:

  1. this post made my heart warm. you have such a good attitude, walking toward this. and yes, God has a plan for us. this can't be easy, but your faith will lead you both. and when you have faith... well you know the rest, my friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!