Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Recipe: Peanut Butter Chicken (in the Crockpot!)

We made this recipe from Crockpot 360 for dinner last week and it was wonderful!  I love a good Crockpot meal because you can throw everything in, cook it all day, and come home to a great meal.  I wasn't sure how this one would turn out, but it was better than I had expected so I thought I'd share it.  I wish I had a picture to go with it, but we ate it too fast!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cut in chunks 
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky, your choice)
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon curry
1 lime, juiced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth

Directions:
Put all of the ingredients in the Crockpot.  Stir as well as you can to combine (the peanut butter will be clumpy and that's just fine).  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.  Serve over rice.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm. this sounds good! i think i might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!