Sunday, March 20, 2011

Have you tried pilates?

I tried it for the first time on Saturday morning.  I didn't know what to expect, but I was definitely surprised by how hard it was and how much I felt it (especially today).   Most of the movements were pretty small, which would make it seem easy if you were watching it, but definitely weren't when you were doing it!  


Andrew and I've been working with a personal trainer twice a week for the past few months and I felt like the pilates class was harder than most of the sessions with the personal trainers, except for a few where we had to do what seemed like endless lunges...


It reminded me a lot of yoga, which I absolutely love.  I looked up pilates when I got home to learn a little more about it and found out that there are six principles that are included: concentration, control, center, flow, precision, and breathing.  No wonder it reminded me of yoga!


I will definitely be going back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!